3 weeks and going strong

I'm riding the roller coaster of living without numbing out.  The last few days I have been feeling surprisingly down for no reason.  Last week I had so much energy.

I realized I am so in tune with my emotions that it dawned on me that while drinking I would numb out at all times so I wouldn't have to feel the stresses of regular life.  One imparticular is the relationship I have with my 3 kiddos.  They bring me such joy and lots of angst too.  Handling the demands each have of my and their bickering amongst each other has been quite challenging and very uncomfortable!  I use to just power through with a smoke screen, blocking out the irritating feelings.  Getting stuff done was with my physical being not my emotional being.  I do not care for constantly organizing and getting their needs met ALL the time.  It's exhausting.  I just need to take some time when I completely check out in a healthy way.  I think I will incorporate a DND (Do nothing day) once a week (half day) where I do nothing for my family and do everything for myself.  I can look forward to that day when Im in the midst of crazy family stuff and just calmly smile with the gentle thoughts of my DND!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8

Excellent book: A way to stop drinking the easy way