Day 7: 1 week alcohol free

Day 7, and 1 week without alcohol!

This week has been very busy with the end of the holiday season.  Honestly because my drinking was in high gear over the holidays (except a 10 day without booze in December), I'm so happy the holidays are over.  I have an all or nothing attitude and we say yes to too many parties, hosting and attending.  We have always been the "party" couple.  I guess that's the way I have seen it.... through my hazy, blurry boozy life... all self inflicted.

Anyway, Day 7.  I'm feeling pretty happy.  Husband is proud of me.  He is very supportive and loves the fact his wife doesn't spiral down the rabbit hold 99 % if the times she drinks.  My drinking has always given him the "go" light to keep on booing also.  We have been drinking buddies.  However things have come to a halt!  For ME and my drinking.

I felt some "pangs" as I have heard in other blogs that describe that "urge" that creeps up saying "I want a drink"last night.  Of course while I'm fixing dinner.  Its sucked but expected.  I grabbed a Ginger Ale and thought to myself, "If I have to drink 10 ginger ale's tonight, then so be it, as long as I don't drink alcohol".

I've loved reading and learning and mostly relating to all the stories women write about their sober journey.  They inspire me to stay along the better path of life.  I get to choose to stay clean today!!!!!

Over and out,

J B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 weeks and going strong

Day 8

Excellent book: A way to stop drinking the easy way